SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium: Nonlinear and Dynamics Package
Duration: 32 hours
Prerequisites: Must attend SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard training or must have experience with SOLIDWORKS + basic knowledge of finite element work and basic mechanical principles. Knowledge of basic principles in Vibrations is strongly recommended but not mandatory.
Who should attend: Designed for users who want to become productive quickly, the advanced training provides hands-on experience using the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium nonlinear and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium Dynamics modules. The 32-hour training provides an overview of a wide variety of nonlinear structural/mechanical analysis and dynamics topics.
Description: This 32-hour training, designed for SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium users, will help take your FEA skills to the next level! The first part of the course will teach you the basic and advanced topics of nonlinear stress analysis. You will understand how to handle models that exhibit large displacements and/or yielding, practice using the many material models available in SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium, and most importantly, how to conduct a nonlinear analysis to a successful conclusion. The second part of the course will expose several advanced topics in dynamics. Content includes time-dependent analysis, harmonic analysis, and random vibrations.
(Notice: This training is a combination of the SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium: Nonlinear and SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium: Dynamics courses.)
Topics to be taught
1. Non linear analysis (2 days)
- Non-linear elasticity
- Hyperelasticity (Mooney-Rivlin, Ogden)
- Plasticity (von Mises, isotropic / kinematic / mixed hardening rules)
- Visco-elasticity and creep
- Nonlinear 3D gap / contact analysis (with or without material nonlinearities).
- Solution control techniques (force, displacement and arc length controls)
- Equilibrium Iteration Schemes (Newton-Raphson, modified Newton-Raphson)
- Termination schemes (convergence and divergence criteria)
- Adaptive automatic stepping algorithm
- Prescribed non-zero offsets associated with time curves
- Deformation-dependent loading
- Analysis stabilization techniques
- Plots of deflected shapes
- Contour plots filled with stress and displacement colors
- Animation of deflected shape, displacement, and stress contour graphics
- X-Y plots for Isoplanes response quantities and sectioning.
2. Dynamics (2 Days)
- Modal time history analysis
- Steady state harmonic analysis
- Random vibration
- Response spectrum analysis
- Introduction to nonlinear dynamic simulation
- Rayleigh damping, modal damping, composite damping
- Load vs. time data for nodal forces, pressure loads
- Uniform and non-uniform base excitation in time or frequency domain for displacement, velocity and acceleration
- Harmonic excitation for nodal forces, pressure loads, uniform and non-uniform ground motions and varying phase angles
- Power spectral density (PSD) excitation curves for nodal forces, pressure loads, uniform and non-uniform ground motions